Prior to relaying additional insights to my now biased perspective; it's important that we all consider the following:
1. Why are these facilities so vastly unregulated?
2. How are these facilities able to maintain licensure?
3. How are these facilities able to establish, maintain, and pursue with accreditors like JCAHO, CARF, Shatterproof even when limelight is shown on them?
4. Who is watching the watcher?
5. Where does the corruption go?
6. Does it get political?
7. Are privatized jails pushing lobbyists to then communicate with congress on treatment?
8. Are the Sackler's pushing for lobbyists, jails and treatment as well?
9. What is the end game here?
10. Is anyone looking at the cost/benefit here, or doing any analysis on the cost of treatment, vs the cost of an inmate; further comparing and contrasting the revenue cycles of a treatment center vs a private jail?
In a series of audio interviews that were conducted over the last 3-5 years, we will interview folks from various realms to try to gain some more insight. These interviews, were originally part of an anonymous podcast, provoked more inquiries, which provoked more interviews. The cycle went on and on....